Microneedling with PRP is a cosmetic treatment on the face that stimulates the skin’s collagen production by rolling fine needles over the skin and applying platelets extracted from a person’s own blood. That said, microneedling on its own (without PRP) stimulates extra collagen production, which helps to heal scars and reduce aging signs. With the addition of PRP to microneedling, this facial treatment is more effective in healing wounds and injuries.
How Does Microneedling With PRP Work?
Knowing how this treatment heals wounds and how PRP gets out of the body and onto the skin is essential. Microneedling with PRP starts with having blood drawn. Once the blood has been drawn, it’s placed into a centrifuge.
These machines spin the blood around quickly, separating the red blood cells from the platelet-rich plasma called “liquid gold.” PRP is light yellow and clear, not red. The separated PRP is taken and used with a microneedling pen allowing it to be inserted into the skin. This is what makes microneedling with PRP so incredibly effective.
In fact, no other skincare product can be placed into the skin this way, and no other product stimulates the healing process the same way. Once the microneedling procedure is finished, the remainder of the PRP is applied directly to the outside of the skin. That allows it to work from the outside, creating a healthy, radiant, youthful glow as it continues to work under the skin.
What Benefits Does Microneedling with PRP Provide To The Skin?
1. Microneedling with PRP can smooth wrinkles.
The treatment can help smooth out wrinkles and fine lines on the face, which is why most people seek out microneedling with PRP. The treatment involves using a handheld device that pricks the skin to stimulate collagen production. The process helps tighten and smooth the skin, minimizing the appearance of lines and drooping.
2. The treatment can minimize discoloration.
Skin discoloration caused by sun damage, age, or a natural cause of hyperpigmentation is what many people deal with. As it becomes an issue and makes people self-conscious, microneedling with PRP can gradually treat discoloration in a noninvasive way.
Since the skin is pricked and collagen stimulates, new skin forms, which minimizes discoloration in the treated areas. PRP can boost the effects of microneedling, allowing for a more uniform look on the skin.
3. Microneedling with PRP can treat scarring.
Scarring on the face can be a severe issue to anyone’s self-confidence. With the help of microneedling, this issue can be addressed since it can stimulate new collagen. When new skin cells are formed, they help minimize the appearance of a scar. In addition, the microneedling treatment usually works best with depressed scars compared to raised scars, and with the added PRP treatment, the additional blood can improve the overall healing process of the skin.
4. The treatment can firm and smooth skin.
With the aging process, the skin isn’t as firm and smooth as it once was, making it seem droopy or rough to the touch. That’s because collagen and elastin production decreases, and the skin loses some of its elasticity.
When the needles break the skin surface during microneedling, the skin tightens to heal itself. With microneedling with PRP, the tightening effect increases as well the skin becomes smoother, primarily when PRP is used as a topical treatment.
5. The treatment offers a healthy, youthful glow.
Many people talk about the “glow” they can see in their skin after microneedling with PRP. This is because the skin looks younger, tighter, and smoother after the treatment, creating a vibrant sheen.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Microneedling With PRP?
Most people are excellent candidates for this procedure as PRP treatment for the face uses cells from the body to treat:
- Dark eye circles
- Crow’s feet
- Fine lines
- Coarse skin texture
- Dull skin tone
- Sun-damaged skin
- Acne scar
- Large pores
On the other hand, microneedling with PRP may not be the best option for people with blood-related disorders, anemia, or cancers of the blood or bone. Aside from these, PRP treatment may not be suitable for those who are:
- Are pregnant
- Take medications for an acne
- Still have active acne
- Have certain skin conditions like eczema
- Those who scar easily
- A history of poor wound healing
- Those who have undergone skin radiation in the last 12 months
Before the procedure, the skin specialist will evaluate the medical history to determine if suitable for microneedling with PRP.
What Are The Aftercare Tips To Treat The Skin After PRP Facial With Microneedling?
Depending on age, health, dietary habits, activity levels, and medication intake, PRP facials benefits may or may not be noticed. However, there are helpful tips that can improve the results of the PRP treatment, which include:
- Eat nutritious foods. Food preference generally reflects that dietary habit, which is evident in the body. Changing the diet for the better is often the most challenging thing to do. But by doing so, it achieves increased immunity, better circulation due to lower cholesterol, and regulated hormone – all for the best of the PRP facial.
- Avoid smoking and drinking. Skin specialists highly advise avoiding smoking and drinking. It’s because the substances in alcohol and cigarette can affect the outcome of the PRP facial. They can reduce the volume of PRP a person can get from the same amount of blood, and the toxins in cigarette smoke can impede the stem cell’s ability to function.
- Increase vitamin and water intake. People can increase their red blood cells and hemoglobin by increasing their intake of vitamins, especially vitamin B12, and staying hydrated before their PRP facial. Supplementing the body with these after the treatment will also improve the PRP treatment results.
- Follow the post-treatment routine. The skin specialist will discuss the best facial routine after the PRP facial to help produce the best results. Therefore, following this routine entirely is crucial.
Microneedling with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is known to accelerate healing and amplify skin collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid production. The Sand Bar Beauty Company offers PRP Facial/Facelift with Microneedling, a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) microneedling procedure that infuses a person’s own plasma and platelets into their skin to stimulate and accelerate the body’s own healing as well as rejuvenation of aging skin. With only three sessions over a 3-4 month period, it produces a great result.